No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was also annoyed that that happened off screen. I can’t be bothered to say any more about the episode except that it was nice to see a glimmer of Varys being a bit like Varys for the first time in years.

Comment

Season 5 and 6 weren't the greatest but had some quality here and there. 7 was meh. I think the series could have been redeemed with a solid season 8 but I think the last two episodes have damaged the series beyond repair from a story point point of view that it probably makes rewatching it pointless because arc's are now redundant and years of foreshadowing and build have been wiped out for shock value and subverting expectations.

It's gone from potentially one of the greatest shows of all time to one that has shit the bad in spectacular fashion.

Comment

Watched Battle of the Bastards when I woke up this morning, absolutely gutting to see how great that was and how bad the Long Night was.

Comment

I think 5 and 6 had incredibly strong moments and plot lines while 7 and 8 have had nothing of the sort lol

Comment

There's a book theory that Euron uses his Dragonbinder to steal Dany's dragon and brings The Wall down with the Horn of Winter to allow the dead to pass because he's mentally unhinged to the point (too much shade of the evening) he's doing everything to incur the wrath of the gods/ attain godhood, including unleashing The Others.

How much better is that than Jon's Snowceans 11 and discount Jack Sparrow?
            Last edited by Wayno; 05-09-2019, 06:51 AM.

Comment

I am really tempted to read the leaked spoilers and just not watch the rest of the show and there are only two episodes left. Oh well I'll stick by it all. I hope next episode has some surprisingly good conflict and set-up for a 'better' final battle in the last episode. It kind of needs it otherwise this could very easily go down as one of the worst final TV show seasons I've ever watched. Even worse than How I Met Your Mother's final season so far (but to be fair to that, it was only ground-breakingly shit in the final two episodes)

Comment

If you want to do that go to r/freefolk, think it's stickied at the top. You'll be fairly disappointed at what you read, though. I'm considering the show no longer canon so I don't care about alleged leaks or spoilers.

Comment

Did you watch the Behind the Scenes of the most recent episode by the way, Wayno? I decided to start watching them on occasion since Battle of the Bastards (because I was impressed with the production value of it lmao) and I watched the most recent one and David Benioff said "Oh Dany forgot about the Iron Fleet, Euron, the Lannister allies... so she didn't expect them." which is fucking hilarious. Shows they have no clue what they're writing right now, especially considering two scenes back prior to Jon's departure, they literally said "The Iron Islanders and the fleet are now at Kings Landing" lmfao.

It's kind of hilarious, kind of absolutely gut-wrenching at what the show has become without GRRM's assistance as he did from Season 1-6.

Comment

Screw spoiler tags there's only 4 of us in here.

Yeah I saw that. I didn't watch it because I watched the Inside the episode for 8×03 and they came out with two classics:

""We hope to kind of avoid the expected, and Jon Snow has always been the one to be the hero, the one who's been the savior, but it just didn't seem right to us for this moment"​​​​​​ This basically says fuck foreshadowing, arcs and character progression it's all about shock value. Like something predictable happening means it can't also be satisfying. (Also they've written Jon to be a brain dead stump who has been saved once a season since season 4 where he should have died due to rash actions, but yeah he'll be a great King)

“When Samwell is reading the book about dragonglass, there is a picture of the dagger. It is very possible that the same thing that created the Night King is the thing that was necessary to destroy the Night King, or maybe it’s Valyrian steel, or.... figure it out for yourself. Not gonna say.” You. Figure. It. Out. They don't know themselves.

I'm probably going to watch the final behind the scenes thing just to have them twist the knife on murdering what was a prestige TV show.

Comment

Lol yeah I saw that. It was obvious they were just scratching their fucking heads as to what any of it meant, could have done or what. Obviously that dagger didn't create the fucking white walkers. Considering it was initially Petyr Baelish's dagger before being lost to Lannister in a gamble, I highly doubt his house would have had something as ancient, valuable and important to the lore of the entire universe, especially considering his house is a very poor one who just owns a couple of farms lol.

Also, knowing Baelish, he would KNOW if it was and would in turn have probably mentioned it. Its inclusion in that book was just an easter egg and a hint, nothing more lol.

Speaking of Euron above, he's publicly stated now that he wishes his character was more like book Euron with supernatural elements and scheming ideals, trying to pull it back at the end of his comment saying he also likes the show version but not as much. If the actors (who are all paid mega) aren't fully enthralled with their characters, wtf are you doing?

Comment

Yeah I read that and like yourself and everyone else I'm not buying the whole towing the company line at the end. Out of character butchering his is probably the worst. It happened to Baelish before he died and it's happening to everyone still alive to varying degrees but at least the likes of Jon, Tyrion, Dany, Jaime, Varys etc. got some sort of accurate portrayal for a good couple seasons first. He's had nothing of the sort, which is a shame because I like him and he plays his part well, it's a shame his part is utter trash. His best scene (which I did love, going to go watch it now lol)was when he annihilated the Sand Snakes and there's a case to be made he's actually playing Victarion in that scene rather than Euron.
                        Last edited by Wayno; 05-10-2019, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Definitely going back to the audiobooks when this finally ends. HashtagNotMyThrones

In all seriousness that episode would have been fine (hell it would have been good in fact)if the build up was done correctly. If it wasn't rushed and botched for seasons. None of the emotional punches they were going for landed because they'd betrayed the story for spectacle and I personally do not see these characters doing these actions purely because the plot says so.
                          Last edited by Wayno; 05-13-2019, 01:36 PM.

Comment

As someone who really liked both the Mountain and the Hound, lol. As someone who really liked the show...lol.

The past 2 seasons of Game Of Thrones have just made me feel committed to my decision to read the books lol. Gutted theres not going to be a Season 2 of the Telltale series because Season 1 of that was my Thrones fix after Season 7 was shite.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Margaery-Tyrell-game-of-thrones-38825603-500-400.gif Views:	1 Size:	44.8 KB ID:	1409
                              Realising I still have a couple of episodes of GOT Season 1 left to play.

(Okay the GIF ain't working but she just blinks and does a lil' smile)

Comment

So i was high as balls last night watching this episode, and sure things seem rushed but i feel that them trying to condese everything into 6 eps, this was gonna happen anyways. I'll be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. Maybe i'll give it a watch again with a clearer head but right now, through the eyes of weed, I had a gooooooood time. Biggest problem was danny's sudden madness taking over, it wasn't subtle so now everyone jsut wants to see her dead.

I gotta say though I will miss Jaime. Sure he has some really fucked up history and baggage but i grew to like him. Personally i wont be going back to the books when this is over. I can already tell this is gonna be a "Full Metal Alchemist" thing where maybe 5-10 years down the line when the books are finally out hbo will do something else with it IF the books play out drastically different. This is a cash cow now with spin off and everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X