No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a video on YouTube of the actor who plays Ser Barristan saying the books are done it's just George has an agreement with HBO not to release until after the show. I do doubt this to be true because until I hold those books in my own hands I'll never truly believe. But on the other hand who am I to question the honour of Ser Barristan the Bold?

Comment

Thats shitty but I can totally believe the books are done to, If they are truly ready we wont hear anything until next year. HBO STILL GOTTA SELL CHRISTMAS BOX SETS!

Comment

Got three spinoffs to milk yet. Then they'll be churning out some Watchmen merch. Seen the trailer? I got hype.

Comment

Ohh no I have not seen the watchmen trailer yet, I'll have to give it a peek. TBH dragging it out with a spin off. do folks actually enjoy spinoffs? they hardly ever capture the magic of the original work and more times than not it's a giant let down.

Comment

Spinoffs will be fine if they are just adapting like Seasons 1-4 and not finishing the story which the show runners didn't originally sign up for. Also if GRRM has creative input like 1-4.

Comment

Fullmetal Alchemist is an anime though Sad, and it diverged from the source material much much earlier than GOT did too, right? I've never heard of a live action show re-doing itself after its source material has concluded.

Watchmen will hopefully be good.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sadistic_greyfox View Post
                  Ohh no I have not seen the watchmen trailer yet, I'll have to give it a peek. TBH dragging it out with a spin off. do folks actually enjoy spinoffs? they hardly ever capture the magic of the original work and more times than not it's a giant let down.
                  Naw that's not true. Fear the Walking Dead surpassed The Walking Dead's quality in fucking moments lol.

Originally posted by Dirty Duck View Post

At 2:36 you can catch a small glimpse of Peter Dinklage's remote control unit being activated and D&D booting up safety diagnostics.
                  Last edited by Jassassino; 05-14-2019, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Best episode ever retconed by the worst.

Last edited by Wayno; 05-17-2019, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayno View Post
                      Got three spinoffs to milk yet. Then they'll be churning out some Watchmen merch. Seen the trailer? I got hype.
                      Gonna be hype. Lindelof seems like he's nailed it.

Comment

Remembering some great Thrones music.

One of the only things I super dug about 8x05 is the use of this and Rains of Castamere together
                        SPOILER
                        Last edited by Dirty Duck; 05-19-2019, 04:03 PM.

Comment

I listen to Goodbye Brother when I shower a lot lol. It's great, really disappointed they didn't use it for either Theon's death or Jon's departure from Winterfell tbh. It was always a good reoccurring theme for the Starks when things were about to tun sour.

Comment

Originally posted by Jassassino View Post

Naw that's not true. Fear the Walking Dead surpassed The Walking Dead's quality in fucking moments lol.

At 2:36 you can catch a small glimpse of Peter Dinklage's remote control unit being activated and D&D booting up safety diagnostics.
                            This is true it's just a shame I just got burnt out on the zombie survival formula.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayno View Post
                              If you want to do that go to r/freefolk, think it's stickied at the top. You'll be fairly disappointed at what you read, though. I'm considering the show no longer canon so I don't care about alleged leaks or spoilers.
                              Definitely no longer canon. Baffling mix of fan service and straight up no logic. Oh and some seriously jarring directing decisions.
                              Last edited by Wayno; 05-20-2019, 04:13 AM.

Comment

What a weird finale... that's all I can really say. I knew it would feel inconclusive but I never expected it to be this much.

Comment

Working...
                                X