No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Stark kids get everything, except Jon, he committed regicide" was how it was wrapped up.

So many plot holes, issues and threads that went nowhere just left.
    • Why do the whole R+L=J thing if it doesn't go anywhere or Jon doesn't even have any personal resolution over it. It's a huge deal in the books but it's been reduced to a plot device for DarkDany.
    • Branbot9000 is now King of the SIX Kingdoms. The SIX Kingdoms now have a King from a foreign land who worships weird gods or is a god, who knows?
    • Why does Branbot9000 need a master of whispers?
    • Starks rule The North and The South, bit unfair really.
    • "The North was independent for thousands of years." So was literally every Kingdom, Sansa.
    • The Dornish logically would push for independence, they were independent the longest.
    • The Iron Islands logically push for independence, Dany promised this to Yara after all.
    • Jaime Lannister was pardoned by his new king for killing his old king. Jon is branded a Queen killer for life because The Unsullied wanted justice then promptly left when it was delivered. Despite Jon's cousin's ruling the continent he's still 'exiled'.
    • Jon is the rightful King. He killed a Usurper with an inferior claim, he should never have been 'punished'
    • Davos suggested the cockless wonders The Unsullied establish a house in The Reach.... I give it one generation tops.
    • The Unsullied are going to Naarth where poisonous butterflies will eventually kill them because they're foreign.
    • Bronn is Master of Coin despite Tyrion trying to teach him what a 'loan' was a few seasons ago and it never sunk in.
    • Dany declared the Dothraki as all of her Bloodriders in season 6, they were bound by oath to slaughter Jon and the Northmen when she died then commit mass suicide. Or splinter in to rival Khalasar's and destroy the nearby countryside. Not sit and chill and wait for strange foreigners to decide their justice.
    • Arya getting a crew to sail to the end of the Sunset Sea despite no feats of sailing in her life just isn't happening. She also seems to be unaware of the story Brandon The Shipwright Stark which is also bizarre,

I did like Tyrion finding his siblings, that was well acted. Also the Nuremberg rally style Dany thing was good. I was pretty ok with the episode up until Drogon picked up Dany and flew off. Then it felt like a different episode with a different tone that just didn't suit what went before it. Like Sad said, Marvel-esque humour when it's not needed. It was so jarring.

I'll never stop crying on the internet like a nerd. Never.
    Last edited by Wayno; 05-20-2019, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	lWBn2F5.png
Views:	1
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	1518

Comment

Mormont's raven is the best character not in the show.

Comment

The only good part of that episode was probably Jon getting rid of his man-bun. Took killing a usurper and being imprisoned for 3 weeks for it to happen but thank God he took that fucking stupid bun out.

Comment

I just wanna give a little flavor to this story. I got high[thc] as fuck expecting this ep to be a let down, had edible and a smoke. In my mind i was like "Alright notthinnggg is gonna disappoint me" you know, dull the pain while going in with low expectations.

I can't believe how much wrong I was, I'm gonna spoiler tag just in case
            SPOILERTyrion uncovering his fallen siblings were fine by me, best acting of the night but where was the brutality and savagery GOTs hs been known for. Their bodies were like story book shit, hardly really squished and destroyed ESPECIALLY considering the ep before made it look like the place caved in,

Within the moments of Danny dying the whole ep amounted to nothing but a PG esque rated, everyone is fucking happy and joking story, the tone was sooooo fucking unbearable. I was pissed and confused after it was all over, i didn't move, That's the best way these writers thought they'd conclude probably the greatest tv series of all time? I'm gonna try nailing all the problems i had from the start.

Danny's speech, while chilling or maybe it was just the fucking weed, it just sounded like a dumb fucking tyrant, why did it seem like her unsullied and dothraki grew in numbers? are we pretending she had more hiddden away during the night king's battle?

Danny suddenly and abruptly justifying all her actions as the GREATER GOOD. Look I never was a Daenerys fan, I always backed Jon from the start but you turn her into...this? Who is this new character? It was just unearned and imo totally out her character, this change happened WAYYYYYY too quick. They're shitting symbolism with the dragon wings behind her had me rolling my eyes. I expected her to die, no lie but this was poorly handled for such an IMPORTANT character.

Drogon, so like he peaced out, admittedly this was the most emotional part of the episode but what the FUCK, melting the IRON THRONE in a matter of seconds in such an unceremonious manner, at this point I started feeling regret watching this show. If Jon wanted to melt it, fine, but by the freaking dragon, thanks writers you guys really have no talent. One more thing about Drogon, did I miss something? He took the body and fucked off....so how are the others soooo sure she's dead? maybe blood on the ground i guess but ehhhh?

I dont freaking care at this point but JON is now the king fuck all this other nonesense, Bran's little "ohh why else did i come all this way hurr hurr hurrr" thing just had me scratching my head. So you want me to believe that this was his grand plan all along, yeaahhhhhh. I can't tell you how much the new king scene gave me a headache. That democracy joke was dumb and freaking out of place for the time period they are going for. This whole scene had nooooooo weight for me, not one thing muttered during this scene brought any sort of closure or made any sense at all. it was verbal masturbation but for who's benefit,

All the cocksuckers of the cock sucking kingdoms pledge allegiance and Sansa stays independent. fuck me fuck off FUCK EVERYTHING! Arya goes off to discover the West Indies with no hints of her knowing how to sail or lead a ship. This right here felt like SPIN OFF INCOMING but mostly felt like some real horseshit. Jon goes back to the freaking north everyone's like "THIS IS WHAT HE ALWAYS WANTED AND NOW HE GETS TO BE WITH DOGGO! eaaaaaaattttt fucccckkiinnggg shit. If this was how RR envisioned Jo's story playing out then i gotta say I was a real fool for getting emotionally invested in this show.

Sorry guys I'm just pissed. I never expected the end of GoT to be so uninteresting and undeserved,

Comment

Oh yeah lol I've seen a lot of people online praising the shot with Dany walking forward and Drogon's wings spanning out behind her. Saying it's the best shot of the show. Fucking bullshit. It was the corniest, cringiest, most diabolical "Oh if we had a shot like this it would be epic!!" Thibg I've seen. The show totally forgot how to iterate that she is the Dragon Queen without resorting to corny B-movie garbage. Really, really boring. I think that was the point I knew that this episode was definitely going to be garbage, not just having a strong suspicion.

The thing is, with this episode, it was so like... disappointing and low-key boring that it didn't even spur me on to rant about it that much. It was such a non-event that, to me, its hard to even talk about it because it was just so empty.

Onto book 2 I guess. I have a while before GRRM brings out the next one so I can take my time (lolol)

Comment

Honestly I liked that shot despite how heavy-handed it was just because at least it broke up the monotony of how the rest of it was shot lol. D&D themselves directed the finale apparently and they're not experienced directors. It showed.

Comment

That scene in particular wouldnt be soo bad if it fucking wasn't soo onnnn the nose. Yeah we know she's a fucking demon or something. I just think this episode ws done poorly.

Comment

Mind=blown

Comment

Originally posted by Jassassino View Post
                      Oh yeah lol I've seen a lot of people online praising the shot with Dany walking forward and Drogon's wings spanning out behind her. Saying it's the best shot of the show. Fucking bullshit. It was the corniest, cringiest, most diabolical "Oh if we had a shot like this it would be epic!!" Thibg I've seen. The show totally forgot how to iterate that she is the Dragon Queen without resorting to corny B-movie garbage. Really, really boring. I think that was the point I knew that this episode was definitely going to be garbage, not just having a strong suspicion.
                      agreeeeed. that shot was a huge groaner.

what a dull, unmemorable season that was. yeesh

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Duck View Post
                        Mind=blown

Lmfao I've watched that so many times across multiple YouTube accounts of mine, not because I seek it out, but because it's always recommended to me when I'm groggy and browsing apps in the morning.

Comment

Comment

I quite liked the last episode, I was hoping the twist would be Gendry getting the throne (last time a mad king/queen was ousted, it was a Baratheon who ascended).

I don't like the fact the North is now independent, the kingdoms should have been kept together, the main concern about the wars were that they would tear the kingdom apart.... Then our "happy ending" ended with the kingdom splitting anyway?

Grey Worm turns heel then just casually sails away with no real consequence? meh.

Who's gonna enforce Jons punishment? I guarantee he's gonna be hanging out in Winterfell within 3 months.

Arya has a spin off written all over it yet it appears they are downplaying such a suggestion.

Comment

D and D submitted the final episode for an Emmy in writing LOL.

Sad thing is... because of the cultural status of Game Of Thrones, I wouldn't be surprised if it took it home. I hope it doesn't and also think it stands a good chance of not in comparison to other competition, but I fucking hate these dick-stroking competitions between old men in the industry.

Comment

Working...
                              X