X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayno
    started a topic Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones

Season 8 begins tonight after a 20 months absence (I think this has felt longer than when Hank went for a shit in Breaking Bad). Looking forward to it? Glad it's finally finishing? What do you think/hope goes down?

Even though the show has done down hill in recent seasons I can't wait to watch it tomorrow mostly because I sincerely doubt GRRM will ever finish the books so this is the closest thing we'll get to the story being complete (even if it won't exactly be his exact vision). Not going to lie I'm expecting to be visually blown away and narratively underwhelmed, much like the last 3 seasons but I have hope in my black heart that Dave and Dan can deliver better than what they have done. The only thing I don't want happening is Bran Marty McFlying events that have lead up to everything. I know it's a story about magic, dragons, sorcery and prophecy but please no time travel paradoxes.

• sadistic_greyfox
    replied
    Emmy nominations? It's an inside joke right? Like people in the industry poking fun. has to be, nobody out there thinks this season had good writing right?

Leave a comment:

• Wayno
    replied
    Kim Jong Null at it again.

Leave a comment:

• Jassassino
    replied
    Me and Wayno need somewhere to flex our critical film and TV production knowledge/bitch and cry about bad end to dragon show though.

Leave a comment:

• Dante
    replied
    I should lock this thread and never open it again

Leave a comment:

• Wayno
    replied
    Best scene from the best episode so I'll allow it.

Leave a comment:

• Jassassino
    replied
    Apparently Gwendoline Christie had to submit herself for an emmy as HBO wouldn't do it. So if anything from GOT wins it better be her.

Leave a comment:

• Wayno
    replied
    I love Lena Headey, she's arguably the best actor or actress on the show, certainly top 2, but she had nothing to do this season. Stared at a green screen a bit then killed by some falling artex. That gets an Emmy nomination but Kim from Better Call Saul doesn't? Lol.

Also the episode where Arya says "I know a killer when I see one" after Dany got upset at some bells and torches everyone in sight and Tyrion a man on trial for treason gets to say who is King next is going to win an Emmy for writing.

Leave a comment:

• Jassassino
    replied
    Wow. I know I said I wouldn't be surprised at shit like that despite it not deserving it because of cultural status and just industry bullshit, but... I'm surprised lol.

Leave a comment:

• Wayno
    replied
    32 Emmy nominations lol.

Leave a comment:

• sadistic_greyfox
    replied
    I heard HBO is actually pretty good about not meddling with their tv series tbh. I bet if they had to the ending would have been alot more memorable than a 15 yr old's fan fiction ending we received.

Leave a comment:

• Wayno
    replied
    I think the only input HBO had was "we want more Bron". I think D&D had all the rights and not HBO that's why they 'finished' it in the rush they did rather than letting someone else takeover.

Leave a comment:

• Jassassino
    replied
    Originally posted by sadistic_greyfox View Post
    I feel like though, when eriters get involved it obly lasts a couple seasons or so then the suits muscle their way in. I hope the spinoffs are exactly that and NOT connected at all to this HBO series. I can already feel fanboy references all over the place.
    Yeah I'm worried about that. It's the same reason why I'm so worried (and sure it will be garbage) about the LOTR show after The Hobbit. There's like some sort of desire for huge interconnectivity between shows and franchises. That can be fine, but some are far better off without a love triangle between a character who was meant to be 3,000 miles away and an OC at the time the events happen.

Leave a comment:

• sadistic_greyfox
    replied
    I feel like though, when eriters get involved it obly lasts a couple seasons or so then the suits muscle their way in. I hope the spinoffs are exactly that and NOT connected at all to this HBO series. I can already feel fanboy references all over the place.

Leave a comment:

• Jassassino
    replied
    I'll eagerly await the Dark Souls GRRM game whilst catching up with the books to decide if I can be bothered to watch the spin-offs.

Likelihood is I will because... well just because.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X