• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortal Kombat 11

Good game. Anyone got it?

I’ll take that as a no :’(

Comment

Play a real fighting game like American Dad Vs. Family Guy Kung Fu II.
      http://www.coolstreaming.us/forum/arcade/game/2673.html

Comment

I might pick it up if henry gets it so i can beat someone up online

Comment

Originally posted by sadistic_greyfox View Post
          I might pick it up if henry gets it so i can beat someone up online
          Dante

Comment

I’ve enjoyed the game a good deal and like that they finally adjusted the bullshit reward distribution. Doesn’t feel quite as Grundy anymore. I destroy all with Kabal...when I play offline lol.

I’m still kinda butthurt that there’s considerably less fighters than Injustice 2’s starting roster tbh. Like I don’t get why the robots, lizard ninja man and the red and gray ninja man aren’t in on the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by The Departed View Post
              I’ve enjoyed the game a good deal and like that they finally adjusted the bullshit reward distribution. Doesn’t feel quite as Grundy anymore. I destroy all with Kabal...when I play offline lol.

I’m still kinda butthurt that there’s considerably less fighters than Injustice 2’s starting roster tbh. Like I don’t get why the robots, lizard ninja man and the red and gray ninja man aren’t in on the fun.
              I haven't played any online matches yet. Been playing story, towers of time, the Krypt, and fighting friends both in person and online from time to time. I love how much solo stuff NRS games have.

Being disappointed at less characters is fair, but I feel like the extra moves for every character bridge the gap a bit between MK11's 25 and IJ2's 28. Plus I feel like MK11 is going to be getting more characters as DLC than IJ2 had (I know, more money to spend), based on the fact that the first Kombat pack is 6 characters (and we currently have 9 DLC characters leaked from datamining the Switch version..)

I also miss the robots, lizard ninja man and the red and grey ninja men, and a lot of others, but for now I've still barely scratched a lot of the characters I do have so I'll just keep my fingers crossed some of them will end up being DLC.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Duck View Post

I haven't played any online matches yet. Been playing story, towers of time, the Krypt, and fighting friends both in person and online from time to time. I love how much solo stuff NRS games have.

Being disappointed at less characters is fair, but I feel like the extra moves for every character bridge the gap a bit between MK11's 25 and IJ2's 28. Plus I feel like MK11 is going to be getting more characters as DLC than IJ2 had (I know, more money to spend), based on the fact that the first Kombat pack is 6 characters (and we currently have 9 DLC characters leaked from datamining the Switch version..)

I also miss the robots, lizard ninja man and the red and grey ninja men, and a lot of others, but for now I've still barely scratched a lot of the characters I do have so I'll just keep my fingers crossed some of them will end up being DLC.
                Oh yeah, the custom builds has been a great implementation for the game. I just always maintain, with games, have your cake and eat 'em too. That way, DLC feels more earned.

The datamine's been called into question though, because Bruce Campbell recently went on record and stated that neither he nor Ash would be in MK11 and Ash, as well as the Terminator (who Arnold also refuses to allow games like MK to use in his likeliness) were on that list.

Tbh, I kinda hope it's true because while some of the DLC characters sounded awesome, others sounded lame as hell and I knew I'd never play as 'em.

That said, yeah, the amount of solo content is why NRS is king for fighting games. I've barely touched the online component because the solo play has so much content and replay value. And after the update, rewards no longer feel like a massive fucking grind anymore. Instead of only getting 400 gold for matches and 100 gold per each Dragon Challenge, it's anywhere from 1000 to 1400 gold per match and 1000 per Dragon Challenge. Shit adds up real quick when you're doing ToT.

Comment

Which characters did you not like the sound of, out of interest?

Comment

Which characters did you not like the sound of, out of interest?
                    Of the ones listed?

Nightwolf

Sindel

Sheeva

Fujin

Joker but mainly because we already have IJ2 and he’s fine to play as, but was never someone I went out of my way to use in the multiverse.

Spawn, I was all for tho. So if he’s not in, that’s a bummer. And while I love Ash, Ash without Bruce Campbell is like IJ2 Joker. Sure, Raiden / White Hair Man from Kindgom Hearts does a good Joker voice, but the experience just isn’t the same without Mark Hamill lol.

Comment

Of the ones listed?

Nightwolf

Sindel

Sheeva

Fujin

Joker but mainly because we already have IJ2 and he’s fine to play as, but was never someone I went out of my way to use in the multiverse.

Spawn, I was all for tho. So if he’s not in, that’s a bummer. And while I love Ash, Ash without Bruce Campbell is like IJ2 Joker. Sure, Raiden / White Hair Man from Kindgom Hearts does a good Joker voice, but the experience just isn’t the same without Mark Hamill lol.
                      I agree with you on Joker, I half felt the same way back when Scorpion was rumoured for IJ1 but in retrospect I like seeing the MK cast in a slightly more cartoonish game. Joker fatalities could be cool but really I'd rather the slot was for someone less familiar.

I feel you on none of those returning MK characters being among my faves, but when I look at that list I look at characters that NRS have the opportunity to bring me around to, as they've only gotten better and better at making their cast interesting and fun. I've also never played Fujin in any game so if he is in it that will be cool. I also half respect that they don't just bring every ninja and every cyborg back every time, even though they're all awesome.

Comment

I agree with you on Joker, I half felt the same way back when Scorpion was rumoured for IJ1 but in retrospect I like seeing the MK cast in a slightly more cartoonish game. Joker fatalities could be cool but really I'd rather the slot was for someone less familiar.

I feel you on none of those returning MK characters being among my faves, but when I look at that list I look at characters that NRS have the opportunity to bring me around to, as they've only gotten better and better at making their cast interesting and fun. I've also never played Fujin in any game so if he is in it that will be cool. I also half respect that they don't just bring every ninja and every cyborg back every time, even though they're all awesome.
                        Thats a good point. I actually mention in my review that MK11 made Jax really fun to play as with the right build. (His shotgun is a blast ba dum tss)

I would still be willing to give the DLC characters a chance since MK11 did earn that good faith, as you noted. I just feel like for fighting games, rosters should be expanded without namestays getting swapped out. (Lord knows it ain’t a memory issue lol)

Ideally, who would you want as DLC for returning characters and guests?

Comment

Thats a good point. I actually mention in my review that MK11 made Jax really fun to play as with the right build. (His shotgun is a blast ba dum tss)

I would still be willing to give the DLC characters a chance since MK11 did earn that good faith, as you noted. I just feel like for fighting games, rosters should be expanded without namestays getting swapped out. (Lord knows it ain’t a memory issue lol)

Ideally, who would you want as DLC for returning characters and guests?
                          I'm happy with Shang Tsung as he'd be high on my wanted list anyway, but based purely on personal preference rather than legacy, Mileena, Reptile, Stryker, Triborg (a great idea for including every cyborg), Quan Chi, and Ferra/Torr. All characters I played a lot in previous Mortal Kombats. Guest characters I would honestly love Predator back because I loved him in MKX and he's the reason I bought a PS4 when I did when he was added, he's just that cool. But going for new ones, I'm just gonna go stupid and say Barbossa from POTC LOL. How about you?

Comment

I'm happy with Shang Tsung as he'd be high on my wanted list anyway, but based purely on personal preference rather than legacy, Mileena, Reptile, Stryker, Triborg (a great idea for including every cyborg), Quan Chi, and Ferra/Torr. All characters I played a lot in previous Mortal Kombats. Guest characters I would honestly love Predator back because I loved him in MKX and he's the reason I bought a PS4 when I did when he was added, he's just that cool. But going for new ones, I'm just gonna go stupid and say Barbossa from POTC LOL. How about you?
                            Some sexy choices right there, fam.

For me, I’d love these guys to return:

Reptile

Smoke

Ermac

Triborg (with custom builds to create varied moves for Cyrax and Sextor)

Mileena

Havik

And for guest characters, I’d love Spawn, Predator again and Ripley in the Power Suit because Lex was fun in IJ1, and we get the quote, “Get away from her, you bitch!!!”

I do like Shang Tsung back as well with his MK actor. Dude is awesome.

Comment

I watched the MK movie for the first time recently and he was definitely the best part of it (besides the theme song). I also recently went back and watched Mortal Kombat Legacy (the web show they made around when MK9 came out) and to my surprise he played Shang Tsung in that as well! Its obvious that he's very well liked in that role, and I hope Shang Tsung gets a young skin in MK11 that looks like how he does in the film.

Also, Havik is an interesting choice. What about him sets him apart from the rest of the post-MK3 characters for you?

Comment

Working...
                              X