Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyberpunk 2077

I still think the dialogue in this game is terrible and the amount of profanity distracting and abundant, but the game looks like it's gonna be "cocksuckingly" awesome. Also dat celebrity cameo at the end lol.

Jesus, what is it with video games selling these games off of all the A-Listers and not the game itself I wonder... \_(:/)_/

Also, the game is coming April 16th, 2020.

Comment

Well if someone liked dialogue of Witcher 3 then he won't experience that quality in Cyberpunk for two reasons:
      - most of the writers responsible for Witcher left CDP quite some time ago AFAIK
      - from what I've gathered this style of abundant, cringy profanity and stupid sounding dialogue is part of how things were in original pen&paper Cyberpunk 2020 game that 2077 is based on

As a lover of all thing cyberpunk and tech noir I really dig game's setting and style but other than that: where's the "completely different looking gameplay" in comparison to what was shown last time?

Comment

I knew I couldn't have been the only one who cringed when the dude said, "we didn't need all this cocksucking attention, dammit!"

Comment

The fuck was that trailer? We go from a fantastic 40min gameplay trailer to some game-reveal style cgi trailer that arguably just tells me not to remotely trust that dude with the glasses and bionic arm. Very underwhelming.

The dialogue I didn't think was too bad though, the issue was more the delivery of the line than the word choice itself in my opinion. Just sounded so forced. Then again I can't see cocksucking being used outside of angry yells or cold disdain when in reference to someone. I dunno. Was a strange line but mostly delivery was bad imo.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	n3SVIzt.png
Views:	1
Size:	577.6 KB
ID:	1641
          Last edited by Ev.; 06-10-2019, 04:09 AM.
          A shade of true intent.

Comment

Game looks alright tbh. What made this memorable for me was the original cyberpunk 2020 creator, who has a heavy hand in this one, shredding fake clickbait journalists apart lol

Comment

Nothing the game has shown since it revealed gameplay has looked that special to me. This BDG video had me thinking I was maybe a bit excited for it before realising that it actually had me excited for Cyberpunk 2020...or just playing any tabletop pen and paper game in general really. I wanna play D&D properly lol.

Comment

I still don't really get why people are so excited for this title. Maybe I'm just totally out of touch. Gameplay last E3 honestly looked disjointed and strange without much pull.

Comment

Originally posted by Jassassino View Post
                  I still don't really get why people are so excited for this title. Maybe I'm just totally out of touch. Gameplay last E3 honestly looked disjointed and strange without much pull.
                  CDPR are well liked thanks to the Witcher, so that probably plays a big part in the excitement. Have they ever made anything remotely like this though? idk

Comment

Yeah I think it's the Witcher hype-trails too mostly. I understand that element, I enjoyed Witcher 1 when I grabbed that during a sale on Steam quite a lot and I did thoroughly enjoy my 3 hour gameplay experience of 3.

Comment

Y'all know by now, but personally, I thought Witcher 3 was incredibly boring and could barely summon the effort to finish it. And soon as I did, I had zero incentive to ever touch or think about the game again. I got the appeal and lavish praise, I just didn't agree with it because if a game isn't fun to play, it's not gonna do anything for me. Everyone was going on and on about the writing, but strong writing doesn't automatically mean something clicks for me, nor does it mean it makes the game any better if I'm not enjoying the stabby slashy bits. Maybe it's a personal preference thing since I tend not to like fantasy, folksy settings too much, but for me, it's a complete blank slate.

Really, the appeal for a game like Cyberpunk 2077 is its Deus Ex-y qualities. Presumably, Cyberpunk 2077 is gonna be a massive game with tons of incredibly open-ended missions and scenarios that can play out any number of ways, and your various "not-augmentations" complement all that shit; how you navigate, how you get into shootouts, other abilities, etc. And because it's CDR making the game, it's a safe bet that the game won't get chopped to ribbons the way Mankind Divided was because Square Enix is garbage.

In essence, to many, Cyberpunk 2077 could be a modern day Deus Ex. Probably not to the extent of the original, but as close as modern era gaming can get since HR, while great, was scaled back to a fault, and Mankind Divided was essentially the 'surface level plot' with the entire actual plot cut for a sequel that'll probably never be made.

How true or accurate any of this ends up being, time will tell. I'm optimistic tbh, I thought what gameplay we've seen looks fun and gives me a very Mankind Divided-esque vibe, which I'm all for. And even if the dialogue sounds like complete shit, if the gameplay feels Deus Ex-y, and has that degree of depth I've craved from the original (just no fucking grids), then I'm game.

I don't think anything will ever top Vanquish in terms of shit writing with shittier characters in fun games tho lol.

Comment

Yeah I actually agree almost entirely with your criticism of TW3 there, Departed. The combat was fucking awful in it, to the point where I was wondering why I wasn't just revisiting the first game on Steam. The 3 hour experience I had was carried almost entirely by the worlds plot, intrigue and tone - outside of that, I really couldn't see myself playing that game for much longer. It felt like a stripped down version of Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Dragon Age Inquisition feels like a stripped down version of a stripped down version of Baldur's Gate with some fun button mash-y sword-y combos.

Comment

Sorry to be a party pooper but if anyone wants Deus Ex out of Cyberpunk 2077 then he is up for disappointment. Why? If you look at gameplay that they presented last year you'll notice that:
                          - environment is barely interactive (no boxes, trashcans, printers, w/e that you can pick up and use to overcome obstacle/in fight/to fool around)
                          - game is filled with setpieces and COD alike scripts (hacker opening door just in time when you're next to him, old lady coming out of her apartment because she thinks her son is coming, that car chase setpiece) rather than organic, emergent gameplay
                          - alternate paths don't look like Deus Ex alternate paths (it's like in traditional RPGs: if you go right then you get another level than the one to the left, they are not interconnected, they are not part of one level, they do not complement each other)
                          - Deus Ex games were always about using various interconnected systems/game rules in clever manner (for example in original game you don't have a lockpick but you can still open the door with GEP Gun/LAM/killing Man in Black next to that door) while Cyberpunk 2077 looks like it employs traditional lock-and-key design (if you don't have ability X then you can't go Y way) and many press-to-win abilities that do not synergize with others
                          - open world design which means that actual level design will be barebones and not Deus Exy, add earlier observation of two disjointed paths instead of interconnected/complementing ones and voila: you have opposite of Deus Ex
                          - developers confirmed that exploration will look like in Witcher 3 (these damn boring question marks with shitty loot)

The only real similarity that I can see is that the game is hybrid stealth/action RPG with cyberpunk visual themes but actual design of it is far cry from DX.

Comment

Best cyberpunk game and its not even close!

Comment

Honestly, I'm fully on board with Cyberpunk. I've never played The Witcher 3 (that genre of game just ain't my thing), and I didn't expect to take an interest in this when I heard that CDPR were developing it. But I've always liked the dystopian sci-fi aesthetic and this has me intrigued.

Comment

Working...
                              X