General Gaming Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Gaming Discussion

So having currently started Days Gone upon finishing Tale of Vesperia: Definitive Edition, the Ace Attorney trilogy and Kingdom Hearts III, it's occurred to me that I can't create a thread on every single game I've played, so I thought I'd start this thread for us just to muse on random gaming thoughts that we'd like to share. This could also extend to any minor news stories or rumours that people have heard.

So, has anyone played any of the above games so far this year?

That your first time playing AA trilogy, Bread? Fantastic games. Reluctant to rebuy them on PS4 because an element of the HD takes away the charm from my DS playthroughs lol.

Tales of Vesp: Definitive Edition is in a current PS sale but I'm trying to kill off my backlog. Currently working on Tropico 5 - okay game but can't say it's worth any price tag aside from free.

Comment

Nah, I've played them about a hundred times on DS before. My girlfriend wanted to play through them for an easy 1st Platinum though so I played them with her. The series kind of lost its charm when it went 3D though; there's something about Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice that isn't as fun, I wish they'd stuck with the simple 2D sprites.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	618px-Ctrl_alt_del_hear_about.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1891

Comment

Seriously, I already have GMS2, but I'm so tempted to get Dreams anyway just to make silly nonsense like this lol.

Comment

Days gone is one of my favourite games this year. What a game btw. The horde challenge is one of the if not the best horde gameplay I've ever played. Managed to kill 1409 infected before I got overwhelmed
            Last edited by Zombie Harambe; 07-06-2019, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I'll start days gone one of these days, I'm just afraid the zombie fatigue has finally got me, only game i'm willing to give zombies a shot in is really just Resident Evil for the same reason I'll always give kojima/metal gear games a shot.

Comment

What recent games gave you zombie fatigue?

Comment

Originally posted by sadistic_greyfox View Post
                  only game i'm willing to give zombies a shot in is really just Resident Evil
                  Theres a game coming out on PC soon called Daymare: 1998. Its a very Resident Evil inspired game and actually being made by the team who was making the fan remake of RE2 before Capcom shut them down. Looked at a brief gameplay vid and its basically old school RE set up. Give it a google, perhaps?
                  Originally posted by Dirty_Duck
                  What recent games gave you zombie fatigue?
                  My guess is probably all of them, plus all the movies, and the tv shows. Theres so much fucking zombie stuff its rediculous imo. Its nice that different games/movies put different spins on them but I wish they made more unique monsters instead of just rehashing zombies constantly with minor tweaks.

That said, Dying Light was a great zombie game, looking forward to the follow up.

A shade of true intent.

Comment

Dirty Duck , Ev. is right. everything zombie. the walking dead running zombies into the ground.there's actually a couple series on netflix too, black summer or something., dyling light and stuff even cod zombies. that world war z game was hot for a min too

Ev. THANKS, this looks soo totally like the type of horror action game I'd be down for, Never heard about it until now but it's toally on my radar now! there's like a hr long gameplay vid, gonna give it a look.

Comment

I watched the first two episodes of Black Summer. Really thought it was just straight up awful.

Tbh I've avoided a lot of dedicated zombie content because I'm aware 90% of it is garbage - SURVIVE etc. So I'm not really burnt out of it. I still really wanna play the new Black Ops zombies, but to have full access to the content is still a ridiculous price, so I can happily wait and/or revisit older games content which is still just as good.

Comment

I've never really engaged with much zombie content. Hadn't even seen 28 Days Later until like a year ago. First interacted with the Walking Dead in 2017 too. I enjoy the zombie stuff I do consume for the humanity aspect (TWD comic + game) or for being completely stupid (Evil Dead), but you're definitely right in that there has been a shit ton of zombie stuff, but imo it only burns you out if you consume it.

Shawn of the Dead 4 best Zombie fiction.

Comment

Shawn of the Dead, Zombieland and Last of Us are probably three of the only actual zombie properties I like, and it's all for humanities sake and or comedy. My favorite Resident Evil game was 4, and the enemies aren't even zombies in that game lol. In video games, the problem with zombies is they're a one-trick pony. Their main attacks consists of "flail around like a gory drunk and bite like one too." A game can give you all the tools in the world to plow through undead hordes, but the end result is often times still the same. Best games can do is throw a shit ton of zombies your way, but for me, it just gets kinda stale after a while.

Comment

Oh House of the Dead Overkill, thats a great zombie game lol.

Comment

Heyyyyyy, does anyone by chance play the final fantasy online game? I just got it for pc and it's oddly kinda relaxing. i want some one to RP with! you know save the kingdoms from the ANNUNAKI!

Comment

Working...
                              X