Pokemon Chat Topic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pokemon Chat Topic

So with the release of Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee and a movie announced, figured I could bring a chat topic about everyone's favorite handheld series to Suitably Epic.

Anyone play the new games or burn through the old ones? I finally got to Alola and have been playing through Moon and Ultra Sun. Enjoying them so far and some of the Gen 7 Pokemon are pretty fun. Ultra Beasts aren't my thing though. They look kinda silly.

I have only actually played Red and Yellow, and GO. I was going to get Let's Go but honestly a lot of features / gameplay aspects of it put me off. Plus finances too I suppose, and my Switch isn't very accessible right now. But I'm still playing GO a lot.

Comment

I only ever played the first 3 generations of Pokemon, then stopped after that. Then I played the remakes of the first three generations. These were sweet games.

I've avoided Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee for now as I like my random battles, and I don't want to be forced to use motion controls, but I've certainly got an eye on this untitled Pokemon game due to come out in 2019. A fully fledged Pokemon game on home console would be wonderful.

Comment

Not buying Lets Go, as someone who's played the 3DS entries it just looks lazy + uninspired. With a nerfed battle system and only Gen1 Pokemon theres nothing to be desired unless you haven't touched Pokemon in years and want to go on a nostalgia trip imo.

BUT I am very hyped for next year's Gen 8 on the Switch. I really can't wait to see them announce the new starter Pokemon and the region's theming.

Comment

The LG:PE games only have Gen 1 Pokemon? That's lame.

I'm lukewarm on Pokemon Go so they never appealed to me anyway. But I'm interested in Gen 8. Wonder where we'll be going. Also trying to transfer my teams along. Most of them are stuck in Gen 5 right now.

Comment

mannn all these streams i see of lets go, all i can think is how many times are they gonna try to re-sell gen 1 to us?

Comment

Originally posted by NorseGod View Post
              mannn all these streams i see of lets go, all i can think is how many times are they gonna try to re-sell gen 1 to us?
              QUESTION

What if the new Pokemon home console RPG being released for Switch is just Gen 1 re-done

But it's overwhelmingly insanely brilliant and innovative

????

Comment

Originally posted by Dante View Post

QUESTION

What if the new Pokemon home console RPG being released for Switch is just Gen 1 re-done

????
                can i pet the eevee

Comment

• Dante
                  Dante commented
                  Editing a comment
                  introducing a dynamic weather system

• NorseGod
                  NorseGod commented
                  Editing a comment
                  introducing why dont you ever call home once in a while

QUESTION

????
                I’d be annoyed still because I’d feel it unnecessarily held itself back by giving us a region we’ve experienced enough times already. I want innovation in the new Pokemon and region as well as in the gameplay

Comment

If they did it would have to be incredible innovation.

I agree i'd much prefer a new gen entirely.

Comment

If they did it would have to be incredible innovation.

I agree i'd much prefer a new gen entirely.
                    when will they make Pokken RPG already

i mean it wouldnt necessarily have to be something on that scale, but the idea of gameplay based on a dressed up version of FIGHT ITEM or RUN starts to feel a bit like those old text adventure games
                    Last edited by NorseGod; 11-27-2018, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorseGod View Post

when will they make Pokken RPG already

i mean it wouldnt necessarily have to be something on that scale, but the idea of gameplay based on a dressed up version of FIGHT ITEM or RUN starts to feel a bit like those old text adventure games
                      i just don't think i can leave the turn based shit around tbh

Comment

I know a lot of people might feel differently but to me turn based combat IS mainline Pokemon. I'm 100% fine with spin-offs that don't emphasise or even use turn based combat, but as far as mainline goes it represents one of the broadest turn based combat systems in video games, that gives each Pokemon a unique purpose and usability outside of them just using their claws or breathing some fire.

Honestly the most I'd be okay with Gen 8 departing would be a Xenoblade Chronicles-esque combat system...and even then I'd dislike it in comparison to just building upon and improving the classic Pokemon turn based system.

Comment

Turn based combat has been a mainstay of the Pokemon series since the Gen 1 days. I appreciate the innovations GameFreak tries, but TBC and team building is half the game. Exploration being the other half.

Comment

ye i can totally get down with that. there was a time when i was into watching semi-competitive pokemon battling and i really appreciated the depth of the combat system and the mindgames behind team building. but the fact that the developers have not found a way to integrate that into the single-player story means that while the combat system has gotten progressively deeper, you can still beat the game with a very simple rock-paper-scissors approach of hitting stuff with super effective moves. that combined with maybe 9 hrs of cutscenes made sun/moon really turned me off the series.

Comment

Working...
                            X