Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U need 2 play this! Rec a game that people should play that isn’t given enough credit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dante I haven’t played the game so I can’t say one way or the other. I’ve actually been playing Division 2; I game I expected to hate given how much I hated Division 1...and have ended up really digging this game like 18 hours in so far.

Comment

YS VIII Lacrimosa of Dana. After a lot of contemplating whether to get this game or not, i finally pulled the trigger and got it. Its a team based action Jrpg that remind me a lot of phantasy star online and comes with a lifespan of almost 30 years now and never was aware of it till i found out about VIII and how great people received the game back in 2016. All i have to say is that i'm a big fan now and looking forward on playing past games to understand the lore a bit more, while also waiting for the newest instalment in YS IX, thats coming to Japan this September. If you like zelda and final fantasy type games and enjoy fast paced action gameplay, i recommend you give this game a go.

Comment

First of all, glad to see you all. I really missed you!

My recommendation is Days Gone. Days Gone is a really nice game regerdless of the negative reviews. Yeah, yeah it’s buggy as hell. I’m locked from platting this game because of a bug myself. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the game and the hordes in that game are the highlight of the game. In my opinion, the game was rushed although it was delayed so many times because it targets the same audience as TLoU and it was further in development. If anyone like TLoU, you may consider this one a TLoU spin off and enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by big_boss1988 View Post
          First of all, glad to see you all. I really missed you!

My recommendation is Days Gone. Days Gone is a really nice game regerdless of the negative reviews. Yeah, yeah it’s buggy as hell. I’m locked from platting this game because of a bug myself. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the game and the hordes in that game are the highlight of the game. In my opinion, the game was rushed although it was delayed so many times because it targets the same audience as TLoU and it was further in development. If anyone like TLoU, you may consider this one a TLoU spin off and enjoy it.
          Balicosta said it's better than TLOU!

Comment

I'm going to have to play TLOU again, but in many of the key areas - possibly areas I personally focus on - I can't see it being better. It's performance isn't, I can tell you that 😂 It really is waiting for PS5. It has a weird dialogue system that repeats itself if it thinks you missed 0.1 seconds of the original. Deacon often shouts dialogue even off the bike because Bend assumed you'd be on the bike 😂 The story is pretty light hearted (as I said) it can't compete, but neither doesn't it try to.

It's not a very popular opinion, but there were some very ropey spots in TLOU. NPC A.I often got in the way. Including in the remaster, where Ellie suddenly began to push Joel out of cover, it was a real problem and happened a lot. Arrows were the most frustrating gameplay mechanic I've ever had to endure...how they seriously shipped a game where it was pot luck to pick one off a body is beyond me. Especially on harder difficulties, where those arrows were the only way you were going to progress. There was also that area after you see the ice cream truck, where a sniper pins you all down. A shockingly bad stage to play in, because all the stealth you'd learnt up until that point became null and void, because it just spawned enemies. The infected and humans only ever interacted once (and that wasn't even in the main game). You can send whole hordes down on the enemy in DG. In fact, I did it accidentally while being nosey around a nest, and they followed me as I crashed into an enemy camp (I wasn't myself after being in hospital 😂). There's a lot of missions, earning you trust and money from different camps. Each camp offer a different selection of weapons and bike parts. There's way more weapons and crafting items.

Then there's the areas TLOU really doesn't stand a chance in. Systems. I sat in a bush (as I like to), and watched day change to night as the weather changed as a wolf raided a camp as the freakers came in and killed the wolf, leaving me time to pick off the enemy. You can be driving along and suddenly a laser sight picks you off your bike or infected super animals chase you. All those systems can happen at any time, and all at once. I was stealthing around this little town looking for someone, and mid way through a battle a fucking bear appeared behind me, and suddenly everyone is shouting about the bear.

As I said, in the areas where I enjoyed TLOU the most, I enjoy it at least as much, and often more in DG. And people forget that Uncharted was liked but it wasn't perfect...and then came Uncharted 2. I really do think that's the direction Bend are going in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dante View Post

Balicosta said it's better than TLOU!
              Well, yeah in some areas. But to me, the story and the characters play a great deal when it comes to deciding which game I enjoy the most. The story and characters, while they are nice, I didn’t enjoy them as much as I enjoyed TLOU. In terms of gameplay, let’s not forget that TLOU is basically a last gen game and is 6 years older than DG. If anything, we should compare it to TLOU2 which I hope that it’s coming this year.
              ballisticola

How are you doing, my friend?
              DG has the same feature where arrows are retrieved by chance. Yet, I agree on the fact that DG has a smarter AI than TLOU. I think TLOU2 is meant to fix this problem based on the gameplay demo from last E3.

Comment

Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Took me months to actually finish the game, having taken numerous breaks from it, but its a game that is very easy to return to and chip away at its very large map over time. Story is, well, not a focal point. Basically your a 4-member special forces squad sent into Bolivia to combat a drug cartel that has turned the place into a narco state (understandably IRL Bolivia was none too happy with the depiction). The gameplay mechanics are servicable, nothing special other than the nice animation systems at work, but the title really fufilled that MGSV:PP itch of having an open map with countless bases, forts, checkpoints, villages, small cities and so on to infiltrate, navigate and grab what you need. Its more fun when playing stealth, imo, but guns blazing is an option if one wants that. On easier difficulties anyhow. Can be played solo, solo with 3 ai teammates or co-op with up to 3 other players. Really is great fun imo coordinating an attack.

The sequel, GR: Breakpoint, was just announced recently and showed off in a 13min gameplay demo. Introduces some cool new survival and injury systems that immediately has me thinking it'll fufill that MGS3:SE itch of surving behind enemy lines on your own (unless playing co-op, ofc). They also have much more emphasis on stealth now with the ability to move dead bodies, stealth takedowns, Predator mudcamo moments, etc. I is excited.
                A shade of true intent.

Comment

Much as I was just really indifferent to Wildlands, I’ll be honest, I’ve been digging the hell outta Division 2. And now, seeing the Breakpoint trailer has me genuinely stoked. The enemies look more engaging than WL, the combat added the R6S tilt to FPV, and all the rolling and diving has me looking forward to things.

It can take a few pages from Division 2 with more enemy variety and mixing guns with gadgets. But the big thing I hope they fix is boss fights. Jon Bernthal is the main villain now, home boy deserves a proper showdown or a few lol. They can do that by giving boss characters more unique weapons so they do t just feel like reskins, and more gadgets.

Basically, what I want from Breakpoint is WL’s enemy health and customization options, and Division 2’s combat, rewards system and upgrades mechanics.

Comment

Has anyone played any of these games yet?

One of you fuckers has got to play Prey

Comment

Originally posted by Dante View Post
                      Has anyone played any of these games yet?

One of you fuckers has got to play Prey
                      Yeah I played Hollow Knight lololololol

Comment

sums you up

Comment

New game I have immense interest in: 'Dreams.'

It's a $30 alpha that lets you essentially make a video game. Someone used it to make this:

So I wanna see what the dealio is.

Comment

Me and my boys have been playing wildlands on and off. it's the perfect inbetween game when there's burn out for GTA or rdr

Comment

Originally posted by The Departed View Post
                              New game I have immense interest in: 'Dreams.'

It's a $30 alpha that lets you essentially make a video game. Someone used it to make this:

So I wanna see what the dealio is.
                              I've been excited for this game for years now, made by Media Molecule who made LBP. I'll definitely be getting it eventually.

Comment

I was in the Dreams beta. It was very overwhelming. And made worse by the fact I stream myself playing it...IT WAS NOT GOOD 😂

Comment

Working...
                                X