The Legend of Zelda thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Legend of Zelda thread

A legendary thread for a legendary game. With Breath of the wild already out for almost two years now im soooooooo ready for the next major instalment. Discussion for any zelda game is encouraged.
    Last edited by Trimegadon; 12-30-2018, 08:07 AM.

I want a BOTW Majora's Mask using the same engine tbh. BOTW is an incredibly special game but I'd like a little more classic Zelda injected into the next game that uses its formula.

Comment

BotW was my kinda game because it's the one open world game I've ever played where I just get lost and absorbed in exploration. Something with that degree of exploration and open endedness with classic dungeons and temples sprinkled in between as well as more conventional bosses would be perfect.

Comment

How many hours did everybody sink in to BotW? I was shocked to see that I somehow managed 170 hours. Granted I may have just left it on in the background a few times, but that's still pretty filthy. By contrast, completing absolutely everything in Odyssey, including all purple coins and moons, I only managed 70-80 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Refluxe View Post
          How many hours did everybody sink in to BotW? I was shocked to see that I somehow managed 170 hours. Granted I may have just left it on in the background a few times, but that's still pretty filthy. By contrast, completing absolutely everything in Odyssey, including all purple coins and moons, I only managed 70-80 hours.
          200+.

It took me 11 hours just to start with the first level with Sidon. I just wanted to soak in the world and explore, finding shrines and side quests without the prompts.

Comment

Originally posted by Refluxe View Post
            I had 400 hours at 100 percent before my switch crashed. When i got it back i did another run at 100% but the clock stopped ticking at 470h probably because of the earlier failure of the system. I might be at 600h+ at the moment. This is the single most played game of my life. I adore it and legitimately think, is the best videogame ever made.

Comment

I played Breath of the Wild for over 100 hours. I still go back to it every so often to just search for shrines and I'm always amazed when I find something new even after so much time with the game. The DLC disappointed me massively, I expected a lot more from it, though it did certainly have some great moments. I still need to complete the Trial of the Sword.

Trime your 100% BOTW completion really did amaze me. Must take extreme dedication. Boo Nintendo for letting your save die!

Comment

Yeah, it just happens naturally when you really like something. Breath of the wild did something to me, that no other game done before, Its a world i like getting back to just to relax and kick back and just enjoy, listening to the sounds and watching the vistas. Its like that old music box you have from your childhood that even though it plays the same melody, every time you hear it, its like hearing it for the first time. My first ever zelda game was ocarina of time back on the n64 days and playing it was something like a religious experience that i still cherish till this day. BOTW manages to maintain and often magnify the nostalgia of that and its a feeling i cant describe in words really.
                Last edited by Trimegadon; 12-31-2018, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Looks really good!

Comment

Yeah the art style confused me at first, I instantly saw what they were going for, as this style means the stuff on screen does feel like the Game Boy sprites, but I just didn't expect this style. But the first thing I thought to myself was "well let's not be like those people who shat on Wind Waker when it was revealed" LOL. I'm very excited for the game!

Comment

In denial right now

Comment

As always, Nintendo wins.

Comment

“Please find my body”

Comment

I'm really excited for Link's Awakening. I think this is gonna be such a fun title and I might grab the amiibo lol. Playing the OG LOZ now today through Nintendo's classic Library or whatever whilst watching Jessica Jones 3.

Comment

Anybody picked up Cadence of Hyrule? Its pretty great. If you haven't played the original Crypt of the Necrodancer thats 80% off on Switch rn, under £4, which its definitely worth in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X